Monday, April 11, 2011

Make it yourself-Part 2

About a month back I did a post on making your own fashion (aka sewing). If you did not read that post click here.

This is the as promised update!

So today I took a little trip to the fabric store (had to drive for 40 mins to get to a decent one...) and I got enough fabric, zippers, thread, and buttons for 2 shirts, 2 dresses, and a pair of shorts! All for the low price of $100....ehhh, but I think it'll be worth it (:


I think the first thing I'm going to make is this dress:

and in this particular fashion with the bow in the back:

 The fabric I got for this dress is this color:
It's kinda a peachy pink (:
I think it'll make a nice spring/summer dress. 
This is probably the simplest pattern I have, and that's why I'm starting with it (:
Apparently button holes are the most difficult to sew, so my other dress, and my shorts will be some of the last things I make.

Here's the other dress:
 and here's the fabric and buttons I got for it:
I'm for sure going for the whole nautical feel to this dress.
I'll probably end up doing a combo of the 2 drawings above.
I want the collar with the stripe (that's what the white cloth's for), 
and the flared skirt (with 2 buttons). 
I know you can't tell here but this dress has pockets! That's so cool (:

For the shorts I'm keeping it simple and classy:

Navy blue fabric + gold buttons, and zipper.
The pattern looks like this:

The last 2 things are actually from the same pattern, but different versions (:
I'm going to be making the one second from the left, and the middle one (without the bottom ruffle).
For the "green" one I got these buttons and fabric:
The floral is the main part of it, and the dark blue is like the plaid part on the sketch.
And the buttons are self explanatory (:

For the middle pattern I got these buttons and fabric:
this is by far my favorite fabric, so I'll most likely make this one second (:

Did I make good choices?
Wish me luck?



3 comments:

Vic said...

Awesome!

I am not into sewing so I don't know about the choices you made in a pro point of view... But they sure do look good to me, can't wait! :D

GOOD LUCK LIAAAA! xD :DDD

Mihaela said...

Good luck ;]

Kylie/missricopenguin said...

Good luck Lia! Make sure you post the end results! :)