Monday, December 13, 2010

Posing Tips


Hello,

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying my tutorials, however they're quite complex and so I though it best that I give everyone some basic tips (:

The first tip is how to make your pose look right. As I said in my first tutorial, one of the easiest ways to make sure your pose will look right is to have a picture. However it you don't have a picture the next best thing to do is try the pose out yourself. The next thing to check while doing a pose is to see if your joints line up. The only place your medoll should be bending at is the joins. As you can see below on the far left image I have circled most of the joints. These are the only places your me doll should bend. However it is a tad difficult to find the elbows sometimes so I have shown below that you can see that they go in a little on the out side. When posing you must line up the joints. As you can see in the middle picture that's exactly what I did. And in the far right picture is the finished product.
 But wait! There are some very important steps between the middle picture above and the finished product. And that is rounding off the edges. For example take the first image below. You could poke an eye out with that knee and elbow! But if you look at the middle image it;s far too flat. So what you need to do is use those extra few tiles to make it round (:

Hope this helps! I'm thinking for my next tutorial I will do posing for non ss (: how does that sound?

3 comments:

Tapstar321 - Nicole Jones said...

That definitely helps! Thanks again for the tips, keep them going :)

Mihaela said...

Can't wait for next tutorial!

Lozzipop (PinkMissdiva) said...

Very Helpful! But how do u cover it up so well and how do u make the backround white because I haven't seen any white things u can buy..